The City of Roswell Recreation and Parks Division began
computer classes at the Roswell Adult Recreation Center in January 2001.
The City of Roswell provided the facility and the adult volunteers.
Roswell area residents who volunteered to organize and support this
Learning Center, began working on this project in November 2000.
Committees were formed including: Curriculum, Instruction, Lab, Finance,
and Web site. John Gordon was appointed coordinator.
Computer classes began January 2001 at the Roswell Adult Recreation
Center located at 830 Grimes Bridge Road, Roswell, Georgia 30075
(770.641.3950). Initially four classes were offered. All classes were
Introduction to Computers offered for eight weeks. Each class
instructed 10 students. An open computer lab with coaches and
instructors was available every week on Wednesday between 1 - 4 pm
during class sessions (it has been moved to Friday afternoon). Classes have grown from these initial 40 students
to average about 300 students each year.
The Roswell Adult Learning
Center continues to offer classes and workshops on a variety of topics,
including Excel, Word Processing, Internet and E-Mail, photo editing
programs, the Windows operating system, and keyboarding/typing.
Additional workshops are offered for several other topics.
Refer to the full schedule
for class and meeting dates.
To offer a variety of classes, we depend on the dedication of our
volunteers. If you have an interest in helping our senior community become
computer literate to enjoy the freedom and knowledge that computers can
provide, please contact
Roswell Learning Center
- The President works with volunteers and Recreation
Center staff to maintain and update the Roswell Adult
- The President upholds and maintains the bylaws of
Roswell Adult Learning Center.
- The President schedules and conducts a Volunteer Meeting
prior to each class semester.
- The President schedules and conducts an Executive
Committee meeting coordinating with the volunteer meeting at the
start of each class semester.
- The President monitors the contents of the web site and
works with the Webmaster to keep the web site current.
- The President functions as the class scheduler.
- The Class Scheduler solicits input from the Executive
Committee and volunteers, and then creates the class
- The Class Scheduler works with the Recreation
Coordinator to prepare the schedule for publishing in a
- Upon completion of the schedule, the Class Scheduler
provides the schedule to the Webmaster, and the
Instructor/Coach Coordinator. A copy is also posted on the
RSLC bulletin board, and multiple copies are placed in
the appropriate classroom cubby.
- Upon completion of the schedule, the CS prepares a class
registration sheet for each course being offered, places it
in the registration book in the office, and removes old
material that is no longer relevant.
- The President prepares the meeting and class calendar
for the coming year. The schedule should cover 13 months.
- The President appoints a three person audit committee to
audit the financial statements of the previous calendar
year. The audit to be completed by March 31st of the
- The Vice
President attends all Executive Committee and General
Membership meetings, fills in for the President in his/her
absence, takes over duties of the President if that office
is vacated for any reason, and undertakes other
responsibilities as assigned by the
- The Treasurer receives all money and pays all bills.
- The Treasurer deposits receipts into and maintains the
organization's checking account. The Treasurer pays the
City of Roswell the appropriate
fees, pays for the printing of the manuals and other
necessary supplies, equipment or repairs, and reimburses
volunteers for appropriate expenses.
- The Treasurer provides regular financial reports to the
membership and the Recreation Program Coordinator.
- The Treasurer attends all Executive Committee meetings.
- The Treasurer keeps records of all transactions.
- Transactions include but are not limited to checking
account records and student registration data.
Registration information includes student name, date paid,
check number, check deposit date, class date, enrollment
form copy and check copy.
- The Treasurer functions as the registrar for classes.
- The treasurer sends an electronic copy of class
registrations to the Volunteer Coordinator at the end of
each registration period.
- The Treasurer follows the operating procedures as
described in the
|The Secretary will: |
- The Secretary takes minutes at Executive Committee and
- The Secretary forwards a copy of meeting minutes to the
Webmaster for publication and to the Recreation Program
Coordinator for her records.
- The Secretary conducts general correspondence for the
- The Secretary conducts meetings in the absence of the
President and Vice-President.
Curriculum Development Coordinator
- The Curriculum Development Coordinator gathers feedback from
students, staff and the community regarding course interest, ideas for
new courses, and ways to improve current courses.
- This gathering of feedback should include (but not necessarily be
limited to) updating the student feedback form when necessary,
collecting the completed forms at the end of each class session,
summarizing the data, sharing it with the class staff and executive
committee, and ensuring that the Recreation Center Coordinator
ultimately gets the completed forms.
- Based on feedback, the CDC will recommend new courses or programs to
the Executive Committee.
- The CDC and the Executive Committee will recruit members to become
course managers of recommended new courses or programs.
- When appropriate, the CDC will assist new course managers to prepare
new courses for implementation.
- When appropriate, the CDC will assist current course managers to
update current courses.
Manual Coordinator/Technology Staff
- The Manual Coordinator provides the membership with manuals in a
- The Manual Coordinator, working with the Treasurer and Recreation
Coordinator, finds and maintains a relationship with a printing
service provider. The printing service should be reasonably priced and
provide a quality product.
- The Manual Coordinator provides manual preparation guidelines and
a printing request form to the Course Managers. Email reminders are
sent to Course Managers regarding the due date of the request form.
The information on the request forms is then used to place the print
order with the provider.
- The Manual Coordinator arranges for pick-up or delivery of the
manuals. When the order arrives, the MC verifies that the order is
correct, that the charge is correct, shelves the manuals, notifies the
Executive Committee that the manuals are in, and gives the invoice to
the Treasurer for payment.
- The Manual Coordinator promotes manual quality and uniformity, and
advises Course Managers and the Curriculum Development Coordinator with
regard to development and revisions of manuals.
Instructor/Coach Coordinator Open
- The Instructor/Coach Coordinator recruits appropriate instructor and
coach staff for each class.
- The Instructor/Coach Coordinator creates a roster of teaching staff
- The Instructor/Coach Coordinator submits the staff roster to the
Webmaster for publication and post it on the Adult Learning Center bulletin board
- The Instructor/Coach Coordinator attends the Orientation each
session to help explain the staffing process to new volunteers.
- The Volunteer Coordinator updates volunteer registration forms and
provides copies for the classroom cubby, the webmaster, the Recreation
Center Office, and to potential volunteers.
- The VC collects the volunteer forms and contacts each new volunteer.
- The VC briefly describes the program, arranges for completion of
the registration form (if not already completed), confirms
the volunteer's interests and time commitment, provides the website
address and the names and email addresses of the Instructor/Coach
Coordinator and the Orientation Coordinator.
- The VC communicates the new volunteer information to the Webmaster,
the Orientation Coordinator, the Instructor/Coach Coordinator, and any
other appropriate member, based on the volunteer's interests.
- The VC attends the Volunteer Orientation.
- The VC maintains an updated list of active volunteers, and submits
quarterly updates to the Webmaster.
- The Orientation Coordinator will present an orientation program for
new volunteers and active volunteers who have not yet attended an
- The Orientation program is held prior to the volunteer meeting
- The Orientation Coordinator works with the Volunteer Coordinator and
Instructor/Coach Coordinator to identify new volunteers and those who
have never attended, and invites them to a meeting via email about a
month before the scheduled orientation.
- About a week before the orientation, another invitation is issued
to non-responders and any recent volunteers
- The Orientation Coordinator maintains a record of those who have
attended an orientation.
- The Orientation Coordinator presents new volunteers at the volunteer
Publicity Coordinator Open
- The Publicity Coordinator works to inform the public and Adult
Recreation Center users about the Roswell Adult Learning Center program and the courses
offered by Roswell Adult Learning Center.
Special, focused publicity should be
given for courses or workshops not mentioned in the Recreation Brochure.
- Responsible for the promotion of upcoming classes on the two
bulletin boards outside the classroom.
- The Lab Coordinator maintains guidelines for the efficient
management of open labs, and handles problems that may arise.
- The Lab
Coordinator recruits volunteers to staff open labs.
- The Lab Coordinator provides the Curriculum Committee with a copy of
the list of weekly lab attendees at the end of each quarter.
- Two weeks prior to the start of classes, the media maker ensures that
there is an adequate supply of recording media.
Purchases are reimbursed by submitting a receipt to the Treasurer.
- Two weeks prior to the start of classes, the media maker collects the
master student files for each class, creates the appropriate number
of student media for each class being offered, shelves the media by
course, and returns the masters to the file cabinet.
- Before the beginning of a new session the media maker copies the
registration book class roster and places it on the appropriate shelf in
Class Prep Coordinator
- Two weeks prior to each class session, the Class Prep Coordinator
readies the room for classes, with attention to supplies, cleanliness,
- The Class Prep Coordinator ensures that each class shelf has an
appropriate number of mid-term evaluation forms and feedback forms.
- The Class Prep Coordinator removes extraneous materials from the
class shelf, from the back table and cubbies, and from the student and
- The Class Prep Coordinator restocks any appropriate handouts or
materials needed in the cubbies or supply shelves.
- The Class Prep Coordinator cleans the monitors, computer and
printer tops, mice, and table tops with an appropriate cleaner.
- The Class Prep Coordinator launders the wrist supports and places
a clean one at each mouse.
- The Class Prep Coordinator fills the printers with paper.
Go to Top
Frank Padula - Word
Processing courses, Windows Tips & Tricks
Bill Buttrick - Introduction to
Internet and Email
Don Hogan -
Dropbox, Reentering the workforce
Stan Clay - Introduction to Digital
- Introduction to Power
Point & Outlook
- Genealogy & Family History
Tom Ivan - Computer Basic 101
- The Course Manager takes responsibility for the course, including
its development (if it is a new offering) and updating.
- The Course Manager consults with the Curriculum Development
Coordinator and the Manual Coordinator to develop the course, and the
Class Schedule Coordinator to schedule it.
- The Course Manager solicits input from the teaching staff when
updating the course.
- The Course Manager teaches the course at least once per year, and
mentors the teaching staff as necessary.
- The Course Manager is familiar with the printing guidelines,
prepares the appropriate printing and student file masters, and submits
the manual request form to the Manual Coordinator in a timely manner.
George Fuller &
- The Technology Coordinator loads appropriate software onto the PCs.
- The TC maintains a standard configuration on all PCs
- The TC receives reports of equipment malfunction and makes repairs.
The TC works recruits a committee to assist with the above functions
- The TC reports quarterly to the membership regarding the system
Webmaster Staff Don Hogan
- The Webmaster maintains and updates the Roswell Adult Learning
- Postings that are updated quarterly include announcements,
Executive and Volunteer Meeting minutes, the volunteer list, the
class schedule, and the instructors and coaches listing for the
The governing body of the Learning Center shall be the Executive Committee.
Voting members of the Executive Committee are the elected officers and
the immediate past president, the Curriculum Coordinator, the Volunteer
Coordinator, the Technical Coordinator and an At Large member appointed
by the Executive Committee. A representative of the Roswell Adult
Recreation Center Staff, the Program Coordinator, shall be a non-voting member
of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee meets once per quarter, in coordination with
- The Executive Committee determines policies, makes all
recommendations and decisions as to plans and expenses, and establishes
Jack Mainprize Jmain6@yahoo.com